If you’re stuck at the “Resetting this PC” screen during a Windows 10 reset, it’s because your PC didn’t reset properly. Here’s how to fix it.
Fix: Windows 10 Stuck at Resetting This PC
What Causes This Issue?
There are a number of potential causes for this issue:
1) A corrupted or damaged Windows operating system. This can happen if your Windows 10 installation is corrupted or damaged.
2) A problem with a device driver. If a device driver is causing this issue, you may need to update or reinstall the driver.
3) A hardware issue. This could be caused by a faulty piece of hardware, or by a problem with the system BIOS.
4) A software conflict. If you have recently installed a new program or update, this could be causing the issue.
5) A virus or malware infection. This could be causing your system to get stuck during the reset process.
If you’re not sure what is causing this issue, you can try troubleshooting it using the methods below.
How to Fix: Windows 10 Stuck at Resetting This PC
If your Windows 10 computer is stuck at the “Resetting this PC” screen, it can be due to a variety of reasons. In this article, we’ll go over a few troubleshooting steps that can help you fix this problem.
First, make sure that your computer is plugged in and has enough power. If it’s running on battery power, it may not have enough juice to finish the reset process.
Next, try booting into Safe Mode. To do this, restart your computer and press the F8 key repeatedly. If you’re able to get into Safe Mode, you can try running a System Restore to revert your computer back to a previous point.
If neither of those solutions work, you may need to perform a clean install of Windows 10. This will erase everything on your hard drive, so be sure to back up your important files first.
Hopefully one of these solutions will help you fix the problem and you’ll be able to successfully reset your Windows 10 computer.
If you’re stuck in a loop of resetting your PC, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue. First, make sure you have the latest updates installed for your operating system. If that doesn’t work, try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can reset your PC from there. If all else fails, you can try using a system restore point to go back to a previous point in time.
Reader Questions & Comments
Q: I am trying to reset my PC but it’s stuck at “resetting this PC.” What can I do?
A: If your PC is stuck at resetting this PC, there are a few things you can try:
1. Restart your PC. This might fix the issue.
2. If you’re using Windows 10, try using the Reset This PC feature from the Recovery Options menu.
3. If you’re using an older version of Windows, try using the System Restore feature.
4. If none of the above work, you may need to reinstall Windows.